PDA

View Full Version : It's back !!!

62chevy
08-01-2015, 01:22 PM
OK what is going on with this site? Last I could log on was about 5 days ago.

GRUMPA
08-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Same here........Figured it was the hackers again.

DukeInFlorida
08-01-2015, 11:56 PM
Yup, hackers again.

We have put even more roadblocks in place this time.....

Starting to block whole IP regions overseas. That's where the trouble is coming from.

And, since we can't trade/sell ammunition parts with anyone outside of the USA, we don't want any foreigners here anyways.

I spend a LOT of time banning anyone with an outside of the USA IP address.

What's happening though, is that they are forcing their way in with PROXY servers (here in the states). Basically, hopping and jumping from, say Russia, into the USA, looking like they actually connected from within the USA.

Those are hard to catch.

We might soon be going to a system where you don't get automatically registered. It might require that one of the admins (me) has to look at every registration, and make a decision as to whether it's legit.

They were coming here, merely to spread spam, and link to their web sites elsewhere. We have removed all means for anyone to do that. That cut way down on the spam. However, they seems intent on revenge. REVENGE is ours!! We'll keep em at bay as best we can.

Thanks for your patience while we did some upgrades.

gandog56
08-02-2015, 07:07 AM
If they crash the board, how do they pass their links or get their spam in?

DukeInFlorida
08-02-2015, 09:24 AM
You missed the point. They get angry when they can't post any spam. So, the hacker kiddies figure out a way in and crash the site.
Our job is now to keep them from being able to connect at all. This site, for some reason, is getting hit the worst out of all of the gunloads.com sister sites.

If they crash the board, how do they pass their links or get their spam in?

Mbaker78
08-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Well, again, thank you for all of your hard work :D

62chevy
08-03-2015, 06:45 AM
Thanks Duke.

DukeInFlorida
08-03-2015, 11:24 PM
To be VERY clear. I am NOT the one doing any of the technical work behind the scenes for keeping the spammers and hackers out.

For that, Gunload Master gets ALL the credit!!!

gandog56
08-04-2015, 05:21 AM
Heck, I barely could get the Windows 10 on three computers (My desktop, my laptop, Mom's laptop). I can't on a fourth one (Mom's desktop), it's too old to be able to use it.

62chevy
08-04-2015, 05:32 PM
To be VERY clear. I am NOT the one doing any of the technical work behind the scenes for keeping the spammers and hackers out.

For that, Gunload Master gets ALL the credit!!!

Figured that but you have the keys to the house and can use the phone to notify the ones needed.

DukeInFlorida
08-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Everything that you guys should want/need to be able to do should be now working properly.

Let me know via PM if anything needs attention.