PDA

View Full Version : Whoooweeeee

gandog56
07-22-2014, 08:41 AM
My press went down. I broke the linkage on it. Then I made a swap and got in about 1200 .223/5.56 cases. Had to size them all using my Lee Hand Press. I'm going to get Popeye arms!

That took 4 loads to clean in my wet rotary tumbler, too. At the same time I found a box I had stashed away with a couple hundred .38 special cases. Another load through my tumbler, another round using the hand press.

Al the brass is really pretty, sized and shiny though.:cool:

Mbaker78
07-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Which part and what press, if it's lee I might have a spare.

jebsca
07-22-2014, 04:19 PM
That would be a work out! Hope you had fun, cause I don't think your arms are going to work in the am.

GRUMPA
07-22-2014, 04:59 PM
That's why even though most companies have great warranties I have back up presses. It's come to the point I'm so dependent on them if 1 broke I would be in for a world of hurt.

gandog56
07-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Old Lee Challenger press. It was made back then with aluminum linkage parts. I think they switched to steel now.

I can see why if they did.

Mbaker78
07-23-2014, 12:21 PM
I have a couple spare steel linkage pieces, but I think they changed the whole design when they went away from aluminum. I don't think the upgrade set is too expensive if you buy it from them.

gandog56
07-23-2014, 02:07 PM
I have a couple spare steel linkage pieces, but I think they changed the whole design when they went away from aluminum. I don't think the upgrade set is too expensive if you buy it from them.

That's probably what I'll have to do. Isn't the first time the aluminum one broke on me.

Mbaker78
07-23-2014, 02:11 PM
The ones I have are a golden color, made of some type of cast metal. I broke one a while back trying to swage primer pockets, so I ordered a replacement and a couple spares... Then I got a super swage... So I don't really see myself breaking any more of them in the future, but I like having spare parts lying around...

Just looked it up, they're lee part #OF2853 and cost $5/each (2 required). It also lists the parts needed to update to the newer setup, if you don't already have it. I'm not too familiar with the old setup though.