PDA

View Full Version : With all the snow...

jebsca
02-04-2014, 05:53 PM
You would think that this would have been a good day to prep some brass or clean some of the toys (been about a year since some have been cleaned), but not this time. Busy doing other projects around the house. So, who is getting some extra time to reload because of the snow?

Mashuga
02-04-2014, 06:49 PM
It's been a long winter and snowing now. I have sorted, cleaned and trimmed a bunch of brass. None left to do. I've loaded 9's, .40's, 30 carbine, '06, and others. I've cleaned and rearranged the cave, gone over all the guns and even bought a new one. Getting bored. I'm just waiting for shooting weather so I can start the process all over.

gandog56
02-04-2014, 07:31 PM
It doesn't take much of any to shut things down around here. We had less than 1" of sleet and got no mail or trash picked up. They sure as heck don't have any sand or salt trucks.

What ever happened to "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

Oh that's right, they went government workers.

jebsca
02-04-2014, 08:01 PM
gandog, didn't you move from up north some place before Mobile? Getting around in the snow is much better if the support system (local road department) can help. It has been fun to watch people I know around the country dealing with the snow this winter. Friends down south having a fit about what is no problem here, yet we are fighting with snow that is nothing at all to friends up north.

As for shooting weather, I think I have had multiple range trips every month this winter. Looking at the extended forecast, this may be the month to change that. It helps that I am ok with shooting in cold weather as long as I don't need to put on gloves. It also helps that I work in the cold a lot. The nice thing is, not a lot of people at the range.

Mbaker78
02-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Pfft, we only got 5-6" of snow with a thin layer of ice on it and it almost shut everything down... I might even get an extra night off work because of it...

On an interesting side note, I got to run my snowblower at 6:30am... The joys of working night shift... Teach them to mow their lawns when I'm trying to sleep ;)

gandog56
02-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I moved here from 13 years in Illinois, and lived 18 years in Wisconsin before that. Was stationed in Maine for two years. I know how to drive in snow and on ice. Not many people down here do.

Heck, I even drove through a lot of snow when I lived in Falls Church, VA for another 13 years.

jebsca
02-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Teach them to mow their lawns when I'm trying to sleep ;)

That is perfect!