PDA

View Full Version : I Give Up!!!

R.Ph. 380
09-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Can't use the forum with the Idiot Spammer. Be back someday when it's readable.

Bill

jebsca
09-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Sorry you are having trouble. I haven't seen any spam today, and I have been on a few times this afternoon (working on a trade). Looks to me like the admins are cleaning it up as quick as they can.

WarEagleEd
09-29-2013, 04:46 PM
I haven't noticed any spam today either.

Ed

DukeInFlorida
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
We have no control over when the spammers show up. I swear to God that it almost seems like some disgruntled former member doing it. Why else would they keep coming back like that. The fun has to wear off at some point.

Anyways.............

We take care of the spam as soon as we are aware of it. No need to "report" each and every spam message. The long lists of reports almost seem like spam themselves. I got at least 20 emails reporting spam today. One would have sufficed.

Doing the best we can.

jebsca
09-29-2013, 06:06 PM
If you are working with spam today, you are doing a very good job. I think this is the 4th or 5th time I have been on here today, and I have not seen one spam post. Thank you.

R.Ph. 380
09-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Didn't know it worked that way. When I signed on earlier today, there were 10 spam messages that had been put up about 15 minutes earlier. While I watched and reported, it grew to 25 and that's when I posted. I understand the reporting process now and will only report once from now on. Thanks for cleaning it. I had come on specifically to search for some 30-30 brass and couldn't get to the messages without them popping up about every 2 minutes.

fishhawk
09-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Well Willy and Duke got some more help in here today. Some of you may know me from the cast boolits site but I'm just in here to help with spam control. steve k

Pull the trigger
09-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Thank you all!!

DukeInFlorida
09-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Welcome, Steve, and thanks for the help! As you know, Steve, I am moving to Florida the first week of November, and won't be much available for spam control until I get the internet all set up at the new place. So, during that time, you are in control. The help is appreciated. I'm sure that the spammers will give up their childish ways t some point. Until then, we need to stay vigilent, and deal with it as best we can. The good members here should focus on trading brass, and not worry about the spammers. Let the professionals deal with it. That's why we get the big bucks.

Welcome to the forum, Steve.