PDA

View Full Version : Who's trying to hunt?

jebsca
09-04-2013, 08:47 PM
I was able to get out and get two dove on Monday, but that is about it so far. The last two days, I have been hoping to get off of work soon enough to sneek out for an hour or two, but have only been getting home just before sun down. Maybe I will get lucky later this week. Any body else getting out, or am I the only one that likes shooting shotguns as well as rifle and pistols?

Pull the trigger
09-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Only see a dove or two up here once in a while but man do I love to hunt grouse!

jebsca
09-05-2013, 04:58 AM
Don't think I have ever seen a frouse here in Kansas. We do have lots of options here. Dove season opened the 1st of September, ducks will open in a few days. Geese will be soon. Cyotes are fair game all year long. If you like turkey, we got that too. And let's not forget the deer. I got my tag already, and have one spotted, I just have to hold out until muzzelloader season on the 16 of September.

gandog56
09-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I was able to get out and get two dove on Monday, but that is about it so far. The last two days, I have been hoping to get off of work soon enough to sneek out for an hour or two, but have only been getting home just before sun down. Maybe I will get lucky later this week. Any body else getting out, or am I the only one that likes shooting shotguns as well as rifle and pistols?

No, and I reload shotgun shells, too.

bandit7.5
09-07-2013, 10:45 AM
The last dove shoot I went there were a bunch of unsupervised kids on the field. No one got blooded but more than a few of us got peppered. The parent were asked to not come back....! I'm going this season but I will not stay on a field with kids there.

jebsca
09-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Sucks to find out you don't want to go do any kind of shooting with someone. Hope you next hunt goes better.

jebsca
09-28-2013, 07:56 PM
I tried to go out after deer today (last weekend of black powder in Kansas). Did not go very good. Ended up coming home with four dove. May have to try again tomorrow.

Pull the trigger
12-15-2013, 05:52 AM
Made it to the southern teir in NY with my dad. I Only saw two little ones but got both. We each took one. Camped out in a tent for three nights and it was down to 10F. Fun.