PDA

View Full Version : Where is your reloading bench?

jebsca
08-25-2013, 07:31 AM
I have seen some of you talking about mama not liking the noise you make when reloading, or at leastcleaning your brass. So my question is where is your reloading bench? I have talked to guys that have it all in a little box and pull it out to use it or guys that have built a shed to hold it all. I have an area in the basement that works good for me. Its conditiond, so my supplies and I am confortable. It is away for the rest of the house, so I can make a bit of noise, without mama getting mad. So, how about you?

Taylor3006
08-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Being single :), I keep all my reloading stuff in the living room. Right now it pretty much looks like a bomb exploded in a brass factory with all the boxes, buckets, tumbler media and chemicals spread all over. I drug the dining table in there to work on as well. When I sit at it, the dogs get this forlorn look on their faces thinking I am eating and go pout when they don't get anything to nibble on..... Right now the reloading gear is put away behind the couch but by the end of the year it will regain its rightful place in the center of the room!

Mbaker78
08-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Mine is a bench in the basement under the steps... Surrounded by clutter from generations past (we inherited the house).

digger44
08-25-2013, 01:21 PM
In Da Basement

jebsca
08-25-2013, 01:48 PM
\Surrounded by clutter from generations past (we inherited the house).

I can relate. We were talked into buying my grandparents home. They left anything that would not fit into the apartment they were moving into. Then we had my in-laws move in. I am thinking if and when they move out, my reloading area is going to grow and with any luck, not be so cluttered.

WarEagleEd
08-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Mine is in a metal storage building in my Mom's back yard. I just moved into a house but don't have a room in which to set-up my operation. The crawl space is pretty spacious and I can stand up in a portion of it. If I could put a concrete floor in there, then it might be a possibility, but I don't know if that is feasible.

Ed

gandog56
08-27-2013, 05:55 AM
Well, when I was in Illinois, for some reason I bought a 3 bedroom house. One bedroom was my computer/book/ and reloading room. I had a reloading bench one wall, and computer bench 90 degrees on the other wall. Then I got cancer and moved to cramped quarters in Alabama to be closer to family. Right now I have no bench, and have been using a Lee hand press to reload.

Slow, but it will do it.

P.S. Cancer looks to be in full remission.

Mbaker78
08-27-2013, 10:52 AM
~ P.S. Cancer looks to be in full remission.

Congratulations, my dad has been in remission for over a year now... We thought it was almost the end for him when he was fighting it, but he fought it off and is back to driving my mom crazy as usual ;)

jebsca
08-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Right now I have no bench, and have been using a Lee hand press to reload.

Slow, but it will do it.

I started out with a lee hand press. It does work well, just a bit slower.

Good to hear about the cancer looking to be in remission!

aandabooks
08-27-2013, 08:20 PM
In the basement in a small room I sectioned off. It is my gun/ammo and reloading room. Turning out to be barely big enough and running out of room fast.

Ammo tumbler is in the garage. Used to have it in the basement reloading room but didn't like the dust it gave off.

gandog56
08-28-2013, 06:16 AM
That's the one thing. Mama was crying when the doctor told me I had cancer, and wailed its it treatable? Doctor said it was VERY treatable. And it looks like it responded well to the radiation and chemotherapy. I was never all that worried. What what was strange was the doctor telling me it was a heck of a lot more common in Asian people than in white people. Ain't no China men that I know about in the family closet. I got Scotch, and Spanish, and Austrian.....no Japanese or Korean.

WarEagleEd
08-28-2013, 06:48 PM

That's good news!

Ed

Shooterontheline
09-02-2013, 09:32 AM
That's great news from the Gandog56. We need guys like you around to help make a board like this more sane.
My wife and I live I'm a 6 bedroom house (kids are out of the nest) so I started out by confisationing one of the unused bedrooms downstairs. This was used for all of my RC planes and other toys. That went on for About 15 years until the reloader showed up. Now this room is strictly for reloading. And now I have the other bedroom in the basement for computers and other toys. Case cleaning is done in the garage due tithe dust. The sucker runs 24/7 with the cases I reload. When the vib machine starts to get noisy, it gets a new bearing job to take out the worn out pieces. Life is good!

R.Ph. 380
09-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Have taken over about 1/3rd of the garage now. Just about to getting it set up the way I want. Now if I could just figure a way to move the 2 cars out, I'd have a bunch more elbow room.

Bill

jebsca
09-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Have taken over about 1/3rd of the garage now. Just about to getting it set up the way I want. Now if I could just figure a way to move the 2 cars out, I'd have a bunch more elbow room.

Bill

Sounds to me like you will be needing to work on a new building just for the reloading. Come to think of it, a "gun building" would be a great addition to any house.

Gotammo
09-17-2013, 11:47 AM
I have basically taken over the garage. My bench is built right into the wall and I needed the space for my brass to be stored. We have a lot of events at my place for the reloaders club and we can fit 40 people out there.

Gotammo
09-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Trying to get a pic up

WarEagleEd
04-12-2014, 07:27 PM
My reloading set-up has migrated from my Mom's house to my house (finally!). It isn't much but it'll do. It's now in the garage. The only bad thing is that it can get pretty hot in the garage in the summer so I may not do much in the way of reloading in the summer unless it is early in the morning or late at night. I've included a picture below.

Ed